Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What we have been learning



Its been awhile since I posted. Its been crazy getting use to homeschooling. Our days have been very busy. We are using My Fathers World for our History,Bible and Science now.


This week we learned about Christopher Columbus and how he discovered America. Last week we learned about Lief Ericsson and the Vikings.


Today we made ships out of foil. We made Nina,Pita and Santa Marie(Christopher Columbus's ship). We sailed them in the Atlanic Ocean.(our bathtub) We started out in Spain and sailed aross the ocean to America. The girls really enjoyed this. They then had to play for awhile with the ships.

We are having a great time with the MFW curriculum. The first day we made a red,white and blue dessert as we learned about the Flag.

In Science we did an experiment with salt to see if salt changed the way things float. We used eggs and the glass that had salt in it was the one that the egg floated in. The other glass with no salt was the one the egg sank in. The girls loved it.

Since I have not figured out how to post the pics and then write text underneath them, all the pics will be in the next post. LOL I cant figure out how to get them at the bottom or in the middle. They always land on top of my post. LOL

1 comment:

  1. Oh we did the salt and egg experiment and really enjoyed it. It was really neat. I love blogger, but everyone that I talk to says that they have problems posting their photos. I think that most just post all of their photos and then go back and type in above or below them. Blogger is weird like that.I use Picasa to store my photos, then copy and paste the photo link into the html. That is what works better for me. I hope that you figure it out. I would love to see some photos.

    ReplyDelete