Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day of School






Our first day of school was Monday. We started the day off with a Bible story about what God Made. The girls really enjoyed the story and I let them color a picture of things God Made.
We reviewed 1st grade by going over our letters and sounds. Jaden already knows this but it was helpful for Zayda. We then read a story called Katy Duck. After that they went outside to play alittle while. Little did I know what was in store for the day. LOL
We spent the rest of the day doing writing,math,seatwork,Poetry,Letters & Sounds and trying to get use to our new curriculum. There is really alot with the Abeka curriculum.
We had a good first day considering I had an extra child to care for that day. I dont think we finished till 3pm.






















2 comments:

  1. We use Abeka also and there is sooo much to do with it. I learned to only use what I needed and kind of adjusted it to our homeschool. I ran the curriculum, I didn't let it run me. It can really take over if you let it. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very successful day!

    ReplyDelete